From anti-stress coloring book fever to zen decorative objects, the mandalas have become increasingly popular, and it is not difficult to understand why. Present in many cultures, the mandala – a word which in Sanskrit means circle – is a meditation tool that represents the human being’s connection with the cosmos and stimulates inner peace. In other words, something more than welcome in today’s chaotic times!
For those who need this tranquility in their daily life, or even for those very connected to spirituality, how about carrying this symbol on your body with a mandala tattoo? See below a selection of inspirations.
1. One of the characteristics of the mandala is its concentric shape
2. That is, with forms that develop from a single center
3. Forming Really Fascinating Circles
4. And often intriguing
5. The kind that inspire us to spend a lot of time trying to decipher it
6. Will you say that this does not bring concentration and tranquility?
7. But mandalas can also be very simple
8. Relying on few forms
9. Or even appear to have been made with a square
10. After all, how can there be rules for something that stimulates inner peace?
11. Therefore, don’t be afraid to adapt your mandala
12. As an example, you can make a cutout of it
13. Put it inside another geometric shape
14. From a beloved character
15. From another mystical symbol
16. And why not incorporate the mandala into other forms?
17. Like an owl
18. An wolf
19. A leopard
20. And even a beetle
21. Remembering that the embodied element doesn’t have to be an animal
22. It can be another symbol that gives you peace of mind, like a heart
23. The phases of the moon
24. Or a landscape
25. Which is also completed in a mandala in this tattoo here
26. And why not the whole planet?
27. For those who have noticed a certain similarity between flowers and mandalas, don’t be surprised
28. After all, just like mandalas, flowers are also concentric
29. For this very reason, the two often appear together
30. As shown in the tattoo below
31. The lotus flower, for example, is practically a mandala
32. And it is often represented this way in tattoos
33. Whether they are great
34. Small and delicate
35. Or a tattoo within the tattoo!
36. But it is not only the lotus flower that can be incorporated into the mandala
37. Other flowers like peonies also do very well in this function
38. Just like roses
39. As for style, mandalas are very versatile
40. You can follow the bold line
44. Old school
45. With delicate strokes
46. Or mixing more than one style at the same time
47. Like this one with delicate lines and geometric shapes
48. And this one with pointillism and botanical inspiration
49. The good thing is that, in addition, the mandala tattoo looks good on various parts of the body
50. For the more discreet, for example, behind the ear works superbly
51. Other interesting ideas are to put the mandala tattoo on the shoulder
52. On the thigh, visible only on hot days
53. On the outside of the forearm
54. Just above the wrist
55. On the instep
56. Below the breasts
57. On the back of the arms
58. On the back
59. Between arm and forearm
60. And even in the elbow!
And then, inspired to tattoo this beautiful symbol that is the mandala? If so, be sure to research well a tattoo artist that suits your style. Also, for those who still have doubts about the tattoo’s location or style, check out a complete guide to tattoos for women.