Are you thinking about getting a new tattoo and don’t know which place on the body to choose to receive this skin art? How about choosing the shoulder as a possible candidate? Besides being an extremely charming place, it also offers a great advantage: it will be on show only when you want to show it, but when you want to hide it, you just have to provide a t-shirt with sleeves and everything is fine!
It is also in this region that many arts can be elaborated, from the delicate and tiny references to more elaborate and eye-catching designs. If you’re still lacking inspiration to choose your favorite tattoo, check out this whimsical list with 230 sigh-worthy tattoos:
1. You can opt for a very delicate tattoo
2. Like these half-moon-shaped flowers
3. The rose is one of the most tattooed shoulder art
4. And it can still be included in the most diverse proposals and styles
5. An almond blossom losing a petal
6. Adopt a personalized mandala to call your own
7. How about including your word or phrase favorite word on your shoulder?
8. The strong colors make the art very cheerful
9. A message never to be forgotten
10. The little pendants made the rose even cuter
11. If the doubt is to tattoo on the front or on the back, bet on both sides
12. You can also fill in the whole upper shoulder
13. A tribute to the one who put us in the world
14. Or to whom you put in the world
15. That butterfly blue that represents freedom
16. For each petal, a delicate detail
17. This is a mantra, and it means “may all beings be happy”.
18. This mandala is an option for those who enjoy symmetry
20. The basis of everything
21. Here the godson’s date of birth was recorded in Roman numerals
22. Simple and with strong strokes
23. This delicate artwork featured painting, shading and pointillism
24. What we wish for all our lives
25. A love understood in many languages
26. Look how creative this design fills the whole shoulder line
27. You can never have too much faith, right?
28. And if you must, be lighter when you include it on your skin
29. The lotus flower means “spiritual purity”.
30. The star tattoo is a classic
31. For those who have faith, life never ends
32. Besides being realistic, this little butterfly has that amazing 3D effect
33. Choose the right calligraphy to write on your shoulder
35. A daisy and its two leaves
36. You can use the stem of a flower to write something meaningful
37. From Greek, “to do something with the soul”.
38. Your tattoo can start on the shoulder and extend to the biceps
39. Or be a mere dot
40. All things pass…
41. Five sweet little birds
42. A kitten with heterochromia and a pink snout
43. An end with love
44. Another mandala model for the collection
45. Sometimes, fancy outlines do the trick
46. For those who love chemistry
47. That tattoo made in good company
48. Bird tattoo symbolizes inspiration
49. Take the opportunity to declare your love for four-legged animals
50. Or for those who fly
51. A full bouquet of roses
52. “The atoms all dance”
53. “It was never luck, it was always God”
54. Taking his son’s name wherever he goes
55. Two small elements in the same tattoo
56. A perfect tattoo for the librians
57. A rose, a bromeliad, and other little flowers
58. The blue rose represents mystery, did you know?
59. For those who are minimalist
60. A lollipop from Saturn?
61. Once upon a time two friends got cute unicorns tattooed
62. Ahhh, the time…
63. A realistic tattoo is worth two
64. Every detail of this small tattoo deserves your attention
65. For good luck
66. A twig with colorful flowers
67. Egyptian references are loaded with meaning
68. Look how great the result of this artwork with wax flower
69. Looks like Arthur likes to fly, right?
70. A minimalist version of the lotus flower
71. The Eye of Horus symbolizes power and protection
72. Play around with the letters in your tattoo and add something creative to your artwork
73. A heart made with flowery arabesques
74. Just Live
75. The English version of “faith
76. The simple and fine lines are very modern and delicate
77. Flowers are beautiful tattooed with black ink
78. And also in color
79. A few petals, a few dots and that’s it
80. Flowers, leaves and a butterfly for a final touch
81. This heart-shaped rosary is really cute, don’t you think?
82. In Arabic it means “love”.
83. Home is where the heart is
84. The cursive lettering makes the tattoo even more personal
85. An art that begins in the front and ends in the back
86. So delicate it looks like it was made with colored pencils
87. And this look is created with the use of fine strokes
88. Bees are considered a symbol of the soul
89. And the phoenix, of rebirth
90. A heart with a different shape
91. The moon in its full shape
92. This art begins at the shoulders and extends to the back
93. Have you ever thought of tattooing a mountain on your shoulder?
94. A rose in its purest essence and simplicity
95. The more personalized your tattoo, the more personal it will be
96. A mantra recorded in Tibetan language
97. The Perfect Combination of Pink and Green
98. A butterfly made of colors and flowers
99. This mandala was produced with delicate strokes and complemented with pointillism
100. A group of little birds flying high
101. Old school style is timeless
102. A flower in its most perfect blooming form
103. A dream filter nicely tied to the infinity symbol
104. The ying yang became a mandala
105. Orchids symbolize innocence
106. Your tattoo will get a contemporary twist with an abstract design
107. When art fits the shape of the body perfectly
108. How can you not love it when your friends match the colors of their tattoos?
109. Really… something blossomed there
110. A wolf and all the symbolism about the night
111. The dog’s paw was successfully stamped on the shoulder
112. Instead of roses, why not a hibiscus flower?
113. A fantastic fusion of the rose with the moon
114. The son’s name was engraved among the roses
115. A skeleton dancer, or a skeleton dancer?
116. Coloring the shoulders in a special way
117. Passing through the various pathways of the body
118. While there is someone in heaven to protect me, there is no one on earth who can break me
119. Geometric and symmetrical lines for those who like perfection
120. Love for the sea
121. The red rose represents love masterfully
122. Look how cute is this trio of little elephants
123. Some petals added amidst the favorite flower
124. A real colorful garden
125. The hummingbird at lunchtime
126. Details made with pointillism
127. When the chosen colors say a lot about the person
128. Marie Antoinette’s polemic phrase
129. The shading of the tattoo made all the difference
130. A more elaborate version of the lotus flower
131. Poppy is also a beautiful option, agree?
132. Realism in black and white
133. An Indian tattoo inspiration
134. Look at this amazing drawing
135. Serving as a frame for the words tattooed on her back
136. Remember, you are the only one who can fill the world with sunshine
137. Fill your shoulder with peonies
138. Or with a single flower
139. Orchids, buds and a hummingbird
140. Giving comfort to bees and ladybugs
141. The tree representing the family
142. The mandala gets a great visual effect with the rose in the center
143. It’s perfection you call it, isn’t it?
144. Book lovers: this tattoo is for you
145. Looks more like a painting on canvas
146. A synonym for freedom
147. A flowery sash on a delicate shoulder
148. A simple moon with a star
149. If the idea is to go a little more fancy in size, how about this option?
150. Or even this one, with several references
151. This feather has gained several representative icons
152. There are plenty of flowery options, aren’t there?
153. The shading gives an incredible “depth” to the drawing
154. the heart rate of love
155. Several strands of a geometric flower
156. By the way, flowers are excellent proposals to cover old tattoos, did you know?
157. A tribute to his daughter, with first and last name
158. A little piece of the galaxy
159. When in doubt, tattoo both shoulders
160. Little aligned planets
161. And how not to talk about the sunflowers?
162. A heart-shaped web
163. Not every delicate tattoo is tiny, see?
164. Butterflies in Synchronicity with Cherry Blossoms
165. Branches sprouting butterflies and cheerful colors
166. When strokes say it all
167. The colored background gave more life to the drawing
168. A Rose on Fire
169. Surreal these little dewdrops
170. The skin has peeled off and… she’s all flowered inside
171. The contrast of the black ink on the skin is sensational
172. And often, just the outline of the design gives a phenomenal effect
174. Aligned cursive letters
175. A hummingbird with its wings spread wide
176. An inspiration for Harry Potter fans
177. The colorful peonies were given a huge prominence on these shoulders
178. Looks like a dot, but it’s a declaration of love
179. This technique is called “splash tattoo”.
180. Ying Yang of wolves
181. Here the painting was done in watercolor style
182. A very tropical combination
183. All the charm of a sepia tattoo
184. The exact day and time the child was born
185. This little butterfly got a fluid background
186. Look at this sunflower with the mandala core, what a beautiful thing
187. The two sides of a heart
188. That missing shoulder piece
189. The simplicity and minimalism of a diamond
190. A birdie-shaped wallpaper
191. A name accompanied by a flower
192. In Hinduism, the symbol Om is the sound of the universe
193. A dragon among peonies
194. That little mark that will look great with a tank top
195. All the beauty of water lilies
196. Mandalas symbolize integration and harmony
197. Nothing like a good old traditional tattoo
198. What about this all colored lion’s tooth?
199. To honor renewal and hope, tattoo a cherry blossom branch
200. The effect of this tattoo is so amazing that it looks like a veil over the skin
201. Imagine this tattoo displayed on a shoulder-to-shoulder blouse
202. A beautiful pendant attached to the top of the shoulder
203. Are flowers a national preference or not?
205. From mother to daughter
206. Why not make reference to the biggest star in our galaxy?
208. Each color of pink has a different meaning
209. A heart with a different shape
210. Love is an act of courage
211. A circle of rue for protection
212 “Be brave and be kind,” Cinderella’s mother used to say
213. This artwork was made with shades of gray and black
214. Drawing with Indian references
215. Choose the technique that best identifies with your personality
216. And so the design will be just a mere detail
217. Here we have a woman in the process of mutation
218. Blood of Mercy
219. Perfect realism, don’t you think?
220. How not to love a feather tattoo?
221. The delicacy of sensational work
222. There are people who are into numbers
223. Others in geometric figures
224. And, as you may have noticed, in flowers too
225. While others want to ensure protection and good energy
226. Or eternalize your sign (this one is aquarius)
227. But the truth is that what matters is that your tattoo looks like you
228. To remind you of important things
229. As things we should never forget
230. And may it go with you forever with great pride
Such an inspiring list like this certainly helped you to choose what to do for your next tattoo, right?