It may sound macabre, but did you know that the skull tattoo encompasses numerous meanings, and many of them have nothing to do with death? Various beliefs often have this figure as a representation of overcoming, protection, even power and strength. There are also those who create their own meaning, filling the artwork with colors, references, and other very special personal ideas.
And if you want to mark your skin with a skull tattoo, get inspired by these 110 images below, with different sizes, styles and proposals:
1. this shaded skull fills the entire forearm
2. The skull tattoo on the hand is quite stylish, don’t you think?
3. The snake added even more power to the tattoo
4. This old school art looks really fun
5. The flower skull tattoo is very feminine
6. This one with reference to death can be an inspiration for us to enjoy every second of life
7. Have you ever thought about adding roses to your skull?
8. Or colorful bromeliads brightening up the simple skull tattoo
9. Half skull, half king star
10. His Majesty, the skull
11. Can you find the added brain and heart in this art?
12. A Mexican skull tattoo has a very traditional meaning
13. The skull and roses followed the outline of the female body
14. The black and gray skull tattoo is a classic
15. The design was given a special highlight with the red
16. See the whimsy of this composition of a girl holding a skull
17. What about this artwork that is beautifully shaped like a butterfly?
18. This minimalist design seems to carry numerous meanings
19. That stylish detail on the middle finger
20. Isn’t this mosaic different and creative?
21. Behind a mere tattoo, a science-related meaning
22. Looking at this cutie, you would never refer the tattoo to something macabre, would you?
23. A passion for gastronomy
24. See how this mandala made the tattoo even more beautiful
25. In the little finger, with heart eyes
26. A tribute to the immortal Marilyn Monroe
27. The tattoo of skull with roses still had a religious reference
28. Creatively, this skull has been “unraveling in color”.
29. And it is infested with beautiful flowers
30. Are they colored mushrooms?
31. Roses sprouting from the skull may be a symbology of the renaissance
33. A skull for each calf
34. For those who are not afraid to dare
35. There are also options for those who prefer something discreet and minimalist
36. A skull among frowns and flowers
37. The painting of this skull looks divine!
38. These devilish skulls are quite irreverent
39. This galaxy looks perfect, don’t you think?
40. Your skull will look great on your leg
41. Or even on the forearm
42. How about on the side of the buttocks?
43. Or on the thigh
44. This skull stamped on the surface of a shell
45. While this one is full of differentiated references
46. In this artwork the skull was present in the jar’s smoke
47. And here she was a mere detail among the flowers
48. Your skull can be funny
50. Or paying homage to an artist you like very much
51. What if she is half skull, half flower?
52. Are Mexican skulls a knockout or not?
53. Tattooing the neck shows a lot of attitude and style
54. This skull is crazy for a party
55. While this one receives the protection of a powerful snake
56. When the design matches perfectly with the thorns
57. The shading on this one is really nice, don’t you think?
58. A partnership tattoo
59. The Mexican skull is a great tribute to the dead we love
60. Check out the watercolor effect on the background of this tattoo
61. Simple, delicate and full of representations
62. The more colorful, the more fun
63. This arm all closed is beautiful
64. This red rose also looks like a symbolism of fire
65. This black and gray skull tattoo looks animal
66. Just like this one, which had more delicate strokes
67. In the genial shape of a lamp
68. This artwork featured elements that represent death
69. Your tattoo tribute will be more complete with a special date
70. The rose was given due prominence by the differentiation of colors
71. Romanticism has not been forgotten
72. This skull is literally well preserved
73. A skull-strawberry? Or a strawberry tree?
74. How cute is this little bow!
75. The whole side of the buttocks was properly filled in
76. Notice every detail of this artwork and fall in love
77. What about these burning eyes?
78. A Tribute to Valuable Time
79. A tattoo close to the heart
80. Here the rose took over
81. By the way, they offer more lightness to the idea
82. And your skull can look like this, in her little brain
83. Or gaining prominence in the center
84. The skull is the perfect complement to this art
85. For the finger, a skull and blue rose shape
86. The traditional old school tattoo is beautiful and timeless
87. Only the outline did the trick here
88. Just look closely and you will find the skull
89. The skull can even be confused with the petals
90. Near the elbow
91. This art seems to be for few friends
92. Sepia tones add charm to art
93. As well as drawings with outlines and pointillism
94. The designs can also merge together, as if they were one thing
95. A rather curious reflection, no?
96. The references included in this tattoo made it more feminine
97. When the design follows the shape of the shoulder
98. The Perfect Choice of Colors
99. The realism of this art is impressive
100. Any resemblance to the 3 little monkeys is mere coincidence
101. Doesn’t that look like a sailor’s tattoo?
102. An, shall we say, exuberant rose
103. See how it looks just like this
104. A skull and its profile
105. Realistic roses seem to pop out of the skin
106. In the middle of the back, discreetly
107. The difference may be in the coloration
108. Close to the wrist, on the forearm
109. Wrapped in petals
110. A skull loaded with personality
Do you already know what style of skull and tattoo ratio you want to get? Don’t forget to choose a trusted professional to make your art just the way you want it.