The tattoos have become more and more common among women, even having a certain fashionista and modern appeal. And for those who haven’t ventured into doodling yet and want to get one, tattoo phrases can be a good option.
- Love suffers all, believes all, hopes all, endures all, love never ends.
- From nothing in me love made the infinite.
- True love never wears out. The more you give the more you have.
- It is better to suffer together than to be happy alone.
- Of all things to my love I will be mindful.
- So good to die of love and go on living.
- May it be eternal while it lasts.
- The best thing in life is to love and be loved.
- If love is fantasy, I find myself lately in the middle of carnival.
- The measure of love is to love without measure.
- To love is not to look at each other, it is to look together in the same direction.
- To love is to admire with the heart. To admire is to love with the brain.
- To love is to surpass ourselves.
- The sensitive suffer more, but love more and dream more.
- To be together it is not necessary to be close, but on the inside.
- Carpe diem – Seize the day.
- Carpe vita – Enjoy life.
- Omnia vincit amor – Love conquers all.
- Veni, vidi, vici – I came, I saw, I conquered.
- Verba volant, scripta manent – Words “fly”, what is written remains.
- Veritas lux mea – Truth is my light.
- Alis volat propris – She flies with her own wings.
- Cogito ergo sum – I think, therefore I exist.
- Dum vita est, spes est – As long as there is life, there will be hope.
- Luceat lux vestra – Let your light shine.
- Forever young – Forever young.
- Let it be – Let it be / let it be.
- Imagine – Imagine.
- To infinity and beyond – To infinity and beyond.
- Stay strong – Stay strong.
- Think positive – Think positive.
- Open your eyes – Open your eyes.
- Dream big – Dream big.
- Free soul – Free soul.
- Wild & free – Wild & free.
- Choose freedom – Choose to be free.
- Just breathe – Just breathe.
- Live, laugh, love – Live, laugh, love.
- We are not our failures – We are not our failures.
- Make it count – Make it count.
- Be kind to yourself – Be kind to yourself.
- Believe in yourself – Believe in yourself.
- Love yourself – Love yourself.
- Art never comes from happiness – Art never comes from happiness.
- If you don’t live for something, you’ll die for nothing – If you don’t live for something, you’ll die for nothing.
- Life’s too short to wait – Life’s too short to wait.
- Love will tear us apart – Love will tear us apart.
- We’re all mad here – We’re all mad here.
- Wild hearts can’t be tamed – Wild hearts can’t be tamed.
- Normal people scare me – Normal people scare me.
- Times are tough for dreamers – Times are tough for dreamers.
- We accept the love we think we deserve – We accept the love we think we deserve.
- Heart | Mind | Courage | Fear – Heart, mind, courage, fear.
- I will make better mistakes tomorrow – I will make better mistakes tomorrow.
- Inhale the future, exhale the past – Inhale the future, exhale the present.
- Fight off your demons – Fight off your demons.
- Be your own hero – Be your own hero.
- She believes she could so she did – She believed she could so she did.
- Fall down seven times, stand up eight – Fall down seven times, stand up eight.
- Not all those who wander are lost – Not all those who wander are lost.
- This too shall pass – This too shall pass.
- For those I love I will sacrifice – I will sacrifice for those I love.
- Lights will guide you home – The lights will guide you home.
- Don’t grow up, it’s a trap – Don’t grow up, it’s a trap.
- Love like you’ve never been hurt – Love like you’ve never been hurt.
- Never forget who you are – Never forget who you are.
- I love you to the moon and back – I love you to the moon and back.
- You’re gonna have to save yourself – You’re gonna have to save yourself.
- Words can’t say what love can do – Words can’t say what love can do.
- You say I dream too big, I say you think too small – You say I dream too big, I say you think too small.
- I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once – I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- The creative adult is the child who survived – The creative adult is the child who survived.
- Hell is empty and all the devils are here – Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
- Sometimes you need to fall before you can fly – Sometimes you need to fall before you can fly.
- No matter how far life pulls you back, eventually you move forward – No matter how far life pulls you back, eventually you move forward.
- Bésame, bésame mucho – Kiss me, kiss me a lot.
- No me dejes caer jamás – Never let me fall.
- En la boca llevaras sabor a mi – In your mouth you will carry my flavor.
- No llames corazón lo que tu tienes – Don’t call heart what you have.
- Eres lo que más quiero en este mundo – You are what I want most in this world.
- I thought it was an adventure and in reality it was life – I thought it was an adventure, but in fact it was life.
- La mismísima esencia de la aventura es la incertidumbre – The essence of adventure is uncertainty.
- Al contacto con el amor todo el mundo se vuelve poeta… – In loving, everyone becomes a poet…
- Y en un silencio tu mirada dice mil palabras – In the silence your gaze says a thousand words.
- Ojos que no ven, corazon que no siente – What the eyes do not see, the heart does not feel.
- No hay mal que por bien no venga – There is no evil that does not have a silver lining.
- Ama y haz lo que quieras – Love and do whatever you want.
- La verdad es como el sol. Hace que todo se vea pero nadie puede verlo – The truth is like the sun, it makes you see everything, but no one can look at it directly.
- No hay roses without thorns – Every rose has its thorns.
- La vida es como un espejo, te sonríe si la miras sonriendo – Life is like a mirror, if you smile at it, it smiles at you.
- Quien bien ama, tarde se olvida – He who loves much, forgets the afternoon.
- Lo que en los libros no está, la vida te enseñará. – What is not in books life will teach you.
- El amor es la amistad en llamas – Love is friendship on fire.
- Siempre mira hacia adelante – Always look forward.
- Todo lo que puedas imaginar es real – Everything you can imagine is real.
- Je t’aime – I love you.
- Liberté – Liberty.
- Joie de vivre – Joy of living.
- Je ne regrette rien – I don’t regret anything.
- C’est la vie – That’s life.
- Déjà vu – Already seen (about a situation already experienced).
- La vie en rose – The pink life.
- L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux – The essential is invisible to the eyes.
- A la guerre comme en amour, tous les coups sont permis – In war and in love anything goes.
- Chien qui aboie ne mord pas – Dog that barks does not bite.
- La nostalgie c’est le désir d’on ne sait quoi… – Nostalgia is the desire for “I don’t know what”.
- La vie, c’est faire semblant de ne pas être mort – Life is to pretend that you are not dead.
- Même quand on l’a perdu, l’amour qu’on a connu vous laisse un goût de miel – Even when we have lost it, the love we have had leaves a taste of honey.
- We must want to live and know how to die – One must wish to live and know how to die.
- Il n’y a de réussite qu’à partir de la vérité – There is success only from the truth.
- Dio volendo lo faro – God willing.
- Volere è potere – To want is power.
- Chi la fa l’Aspetti – What goes around, comes around.
- Meglio un giorno da leone che cento da pecora – Better one day as a lion than a hundred as a sheep.
- Meglio tardi che mai – Better late than never.
- Ognuno por si e Dio per tutti – Each for himself and God for all.
- Quel che non ammazza, ingrassa – That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.
- Amate, amate, tutto il resto è nulla – Love, love, everything else is nothing.
- L’amore è come una scatola di dolciume – Love is like a box of chocolate.
- Per temere che l’amore è di temere la vita – To be afraid of love is to be afraid of life.
- Name of father, mother, siblings, children.
- Family is everything.
- Father/Mother, undying love.
- Bless the families Lord, Amen.
- Father, my Hero.
- Mother, my Queen.
- I love my family.
- I love my children.
- Family, my base.
- My family, my life.
- You have to love people as if there is no tomorrow.(Legião Urbana)
- And we go to the fight and know pain. We consider all forms of love as fair. (Lulu Santos)
- Sooner or later we’ll meet again (Nx Zero)
- Live and don’t be ashamed of being happy (Gonzaguinha)
- All that is good lasts little and ends soon (Capital Inicial)
- Live to be happy and don’t live in vain (Charlie Brown Jr.)
- And don’t say that the battle is lost, if life lives on battles (Raul Seixas)
- I want the luck of a quiet love, with the taste of bitten fruit (Cazuza)
- We dream our whole lives and only wake up in the end (Racionais MC’s)
- Let the one who is bothered move. I’m here to bother (Marcelo D2)
- All you need is love (Beatles)
- If it’s right or wrong, I pay the consequences, I can be judged, For a sin of love (Eduardo Costa)
- Every day is a chance to be better than yesterday (Emicida)
- Because I’m made for love. From head to toe. (Ana Carolina)
- Because not every witch is a hunchback, not every Brazilian is an ass. My breasts are not made of silicone, I’m more macho than many men (Rita Lee)
- Hakuna Matata!” (The Lion King)
- Run, you fools! (Lord of the Rings)
- Some infinities are bigger than others.
- The ones we love never truly leave us. (Harry Potter)
- Mission given is mission accomplished (Tropa de Elite)
- Curiosity often leads to trouble (Alice in Wonderland)
- Find your place in the circle of life (The Lion King)
- Keep Swimming (Nemo)
- Life is like a box of chocolates (Forrest Gump)
- I see dead people (The Sixth Sense)
- May the Force be with you (Star Wars)
- Why so serious? (Batman)
- Hasta la vista, baby (Terminator 2)
- My precious! (Lord of the Rings)
- I’m king of the world! (Titanic)
- God is faithful.
- Happy are those who hear the word of God.
- Deliver me from all evil, Amen.
- The Lord is my shepherd and I shall lack nothing.
- I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
- All things are possible to him who has faith.
- I will not back down, I will fear nothing, the Lord is with me!v
- It takes faith.
- Faith in the father that the enemy falls.
- A thousand will fall on your side, ten thousand on your right, but you will not be struck.
- God in charge
- I believe in the God of the impossible (Fr. Reginaldo Manzotti)
- Tasting your presence is what comforts my soul Lord (Fr. Reginaldo Manzotti)
- My God is the God of the impossible (Aline Barros)
- Immaculate Virgin, Lady of hope. Light up our road, look at our children (Father Reginaldo Manzotti)
- God be praised.
5 things you need to know before getting your tattoo
Tattoo artist Kleber Martins of the studio Mister Tattoo explains the main points you need to analyze before deciding on your phrase tattoo. Follow the tips to avoid regrets after getting your tattoo.
1. What are the best places to tattoo phrases on the body?
“Flat parts of the body such as back and rib usually have a better aesthetic result, hinged regions can distort the image giving the impression that the tattoo has gone crooked, however, by understanding a little anatomy and working with the right letter template any part of the body can have a phrase tattooed on it.”
2. What types of phrases do women tattoo the most?
“Not just women, but on a general average, the champions are religious phrases (snippets of prayers), snippets of song lyrics, poetry, declarations of love for children, parents, spouses, and grandparents (I’ve never seen it for a mother-in-law).”
3. Is there a phrase that is the most tattooed?
“For sure the phrase “Deliver me from all evil, Amen” (written in several languages) is in the lead followed by “Carpe Diem” and “Focus, Strength and Faith”. These have earned the affectionate nickname “beef”, I never quite understood that expression, but anyway, that’s the voice of the people.”
4. What are the best font types for tattooing phrases?
“I particularly prefer artistic calligraphy which has become popularly known as “chicana font” because it has become so popular among Latin artists. It is not a font model found in computer programs, it requires training and study by the artist.”
“But since not everyone wants something so artistic, for simpler works I recommend fonts that imitate the old writing made with quill pen, the result on the skin always looks good. And for those who want a more direct message, simple straighter fonts that look very readable.”
5. What advice do you give to those who want to tattoo a phrase on their body?
“The first thing to watch out for is the size, very small letters end up becoming illegible over time, if the tattoo artist says it won’t look good, believe me, it won’t. Areas of the body like the feet and ribs are very sensitive, you need to stay completely still, any movement can make the tattoo artist make a mistake.”
“The choice of phrase is a very personal thing, sometimes people come to me to see the “phrase catalog”. I don’t know if that exists, but I at least, don’t have one and never have. People who tattoo phrases on impulse always regret it, in fact this applies to any kind of tattoo, choose a design or phrase that makes sense to you, that has an intimate meaning.”
“And even if it is a “beef” tattoo don’t write something on your body simply for the fact that you want to have a tattoo. Look for references from the tattoo artist and look at their work before you get it tattooed, and lastly, always correct the phrase before you get it tattooed, especially if it is in a language that the tattoo artist is not proficient in. Fixing a writing tattoo is very difficult.”
10 font ideas you can use in your tattoo
The choice of font is very important for your tattoo to look legible and for it to convey an idea that matches the written phrase.
On the site DafontFor example, you can even test some font options by typing in your chosen phrase and visualizing how it would look with that font. Just click on the font and type the text into the “custom preview” field.
Remember to test the font for accents and other special characters, as some do not offer these features. Here are some options you can use:
Phrase Tattoos for Inspiration
Are you still in doubt? How about checking dozens of real tattoos to get more ideas and be able to choose the one that will really suit you “forever”.