Tattoos are a form of expression. Whether it is to show your love for something, express something symbolic, or simply to have a special and unique art on your skin.
There is no lack of different designs and styles for you who want a tattoo. tattoo for women new or want to start entering this universe of doodles. The triangle is a symbol with multiple meanings and can be represented in different styles, from the most minimalist to the most ornate.
Discover the meanings that the triangle can have and check out 53 amazing inspirations to decide for your ideal design!
Types of triangle tattoo for your style
Triangle facing up
One of the main meanings of the upward-facing triangle is the relationship to the masculine and fertility. It is also connected to the solar, the active. Similar to the pyramid, it also relates to the idea of stability and balance. It can even be related to fluidity, if it follows the idea of the Greek Delta. In alchemy, it represents fire.
Triangle facing down
Already with the tip down, the triangle represents the sacred feminine, femininity, fertility, passivity and the lunar. It is also related to water and earth.
Also known as Triskele, Triskelium or Triqueta, the Celtic triangle is connected to triple energies. For example, the idea of father, mother and child, or life, death and rebirth. It is related to energy flows, to the eternal continuum.
“The all-seeing eye”
The triangle with an eye inside, also known as the “eye of providence” is a religious symbol and represents the eye of god watching humanity. It is usually represented as an eye within a triangle, surrounded by rays of light.
That’s a lot of amazing meanings, isn’t it? But you can opt for this tattoo just because it’s beautiful and that’s fine!
53 triangle tattoos to inspire you
Do you like the idea of the triangle tattoo? Then check out 53 wonderful inspirations to help you decide which one is the one of your dreams!
1. triangle tattoo can be simple
2. or very detailed
3. can symbolize a love
4. or represent the duality of your personality
5. They can help in cutting out a drawing
6. And they go great with written tattoos
7. It can symbolize family unity
8. Or also an eternal friendship
9. Look how beautiful this galactic triangle is!
10. And this inspiration can be used for cover works
11. Looks great in dotted style
12. Really beautiful in this style!
13. Speaking of style, they can also be made flat, without outline
14. And they also look beautiful like this
15. they can be a way to represent a place you love
16. They are beautiful when decorated with flowers
17. And they can participate in the triangle tattoo in several ways
18. With roses it is charming
19. But also with more ornate flowers
20. The triangle can compose a geometric work
21. And a beautiful geometric work can be complemented with realistic art
22. She can mean the coming together of very special things in your life
23. It is an option to make an allusion to your favorite saga
24. The effect of repetition is sensational, isn’t it?
25. You can use the geometry of the triangle to represent a landscape in a more interesting way
26. And even a starry night looks beautiful on a triangle tattoo
27. Watercolor style looks wonderful on these tattoos
28. They can be more colorful
29. And watercolor also looks great on more complex triangle art
30. Celtic triangles are also a great option
31. How about setting up a beautiful geometric unicorn with triangle tattoos?
32. For those passionate about symbolism, there are options, too!
33. And you can combine symbolism with old school style
34. But the strongest are the geometric ones!
35. Geometrics with repetitions are really charming, aren’t they?
36. And it’s worth mixing styles, like pointillism
37. The triangle can symbolize links
38. Being related to alchemy
39. Or have a unique and special meaning for you
40. A hollow effect can help to compose more triangles in the tattoo
41. You can bet on a very detailed tattoo
42. Triangle tattoos can make beautiful art
43. Can be small
44. well crafted
45. With fine line
46. with thicker edge
49. very tiny
50. With delicate artwork inside
51. composing geometric art
53. In other words, perfect for you!
Wonderful, isn’t it? Now just gather your favorite inspirations and make your tattoo! Did you like these inspirations? Check out other ideas from minimalist tattoo!